The COVID-19 lockdown restrictions which were imposed at the start of the year had a huge impact on businesses. Whether this was due to the fact that they didn’t have an e-commerce arm – for example, Primark’s sales fell to zero during lockdown due to a lack of online presence – or customers were unwilling to spend on certain things they didn’t deem necessary, lockdown proved to be a struggle for many organisations. Although many companies have now reopened since the easing of lockdown measures, many employers and business owners will inevitably be concerned about the possibility of a second bought of closures, with stricter measures now in place to curb rising COVID-19 cases. A recent report from Simply Business found that almost...
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business voices
- Deep dives into strategic issues on the agenda of every successful Board
- Expert tips for career development and advancement
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from Executive Grapevine, our other sites and the full back catalogue of our award-winning publications.