The feeling of uncertainty has been felt by every business and individual throughout the course of 2020, and now with a third lockdown underway, it seems this sense of the unknown has continued to remain. This has largely transpired into the jobs market; many employers have frozen their hiring efforts, while others have made staff redundant due to business struggles as a result of the global pandemic. Due to this, those seeking work have been left out in the dark as they try to replace jobs they may have lost. In fact, new data has found that the average jobseeker has unsuccessfully applied for 16 different roles during the pandemic. The research commissioned by BT Skills for Tomorrow of 2,000 employed and unemployed adults currently looking for a job discovered that eight in 10 have attributed...
Upgrade to access
This content is only available to members of myGrapevine+.
myGrapevine+ is the latest way we are supporting a growing community of forward-thinking business leaders. Members can access a host of specially developed content and tools that aren't available anywhere else, helping you set new standards in business and people leadership every day.
- Access to exclusive member-only content including:
- The 'Leaders Series', a set of video interviews with leading business voices
- Deep dives into strategic issues on the agenda of every successful Board
- Expert tips for career development and advancement
- Access to the entire archive of news, features and insights from Executive Grapevine, our other sites and the full back catalogue of our award-winning publications.