Your privacy is important to us and we take it very seriously. We want to help everyone get the most out of their day at HR Grapevine live events so, as an additional free service we would like your permission to share contact details with fellow delegates and sponsors. This does not form part of the HR Grapevine live events service contract, but is a free, optional and additional service. Please take a moment to read through what information we would like to collect about you, who we share it with and how they might use it. This policy relates to the data collected in connection with HR Grapevine live events only. It does not cover any other data processing activities conducted by Executive Grapevine International Limited, its official sponsors or registered delegates.
Who controls my personal data?
- The Data Controller is Executive Grapevine International Limited. It is Registered in the UK Company Number 2789779
- Rosanne House, Parkway, Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire, AL8 6HG
- The Data Controller’s representative is the Director of Data Protection
- You can contact them at [email protected]
- You can call them on 01707 351 451
- Executive Grapevine International Limited is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office Certificate Number Z4934840
What is the purpose and legal basis of the processing?
At HR Grapevine live events Executive Grapevine International Ltd will rely on your ‘consent’ to process personal data, as defined by the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) standard of ‘consent’ as it’s legal basis for processing personal data
GDPR defines consent as ‘any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the data subjects’ wishes by which he or she, by a statement or by a clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him or her’
By agreeing to the consent box you have accepted that you understand and accept this as a valid legal basis for processing your personal data
Data will be shared with the registered delegates and official sponsors at the live events for the purposes of delegate management, face to face professional networking and post event marketing
Your personal data will not be shared with any third parties unconnected with HR Grapevine live events
What data will the Controller collect and process?
- The categories of personal data are your name, your job title, your company name, your company address and your business email supplied by you during either the booking process and/or at registration at the event
- Personal Data may also include a link to a professional profile photograph if one is available in the public domain e.g. LinkedIn
Who will have access to the data?
- The recipients of personal data are limited to
- Executive Grapevine International Limited
- The registered delegates who have consented to share their details at HR Grapevine live events
- The official sponsors of HR Grapevine live events
Will the data leave the UK? If so, what safeguarding measures are in place?
- Executive Grapevine International Limited has advised all parties that data may not be transferred outside of the UK without submitting satisfactory proof of their safeguarding methods and proof of a certified privacy shield
- To date Executive Grapevine has received no such request
How long will the data be kept for?
- The Retention period for delegates and suppliers will cease after 36 months
- The Retention period for Executive Grapevine will cease after 36 months
- All Data Controllers will be required to deactivate personal data after the relevant retention period, or when they are in receipt of a data subjects request to do so, whichever is the earlier. The data subject has the right to change their mind and withdraw consent at any point during the retention period
- What are my rights?
Executive Grapevine confirms the following rights to each Data Subject:
- Personal data shall be processed in accordance with Principle 6 of the rights of data subjects under the Data Protection Act
- The right of access to a copy of the information comprised in their personal data
- The right to object to processing that is likely to cause, or is causing damage or distress
- The right to prevent processing for Direct Marketing
- The right to object to decisions being taken by automatic means
- The right to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed
- The right to make a complaint to a supervisory body
- Access to the event known as HR Grapevine live events, and its associated sessions, networking, facilities and materials are not dependent on consenting to share personal data. Data subjects must still register their attendance on the day with Executive Grapevine International Ltd but may decline consent to share data
- In order to protect the rights of those subjects who have given consent to share their personal data, access to personal data will only be available to those who have consented. This will ensure that there is a balance of power, transparency and compliance trail between all parties. No anonymous profiling or data mining will be possible