HR Grapevine is looking for an Digital B2B News Journalist to join its award-winning editorial team and growing company.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for news, enjoys packaging it compellingly, understands what makes an informative eye-catching feature and wants to help us stay at the top of our sector.
As the role is remote, the ideal candidate will be good at self-managing in this environment as well as having good experience working in B2B/digital journalism.
They will have in-depth knowledge of general business trends, a great eye for finding multiple angles from one story, an extensive contact book, and understand how to craft newsletters and package stories, and exclusives, to get readers excited (and keep them informed).
Being a precise news writer and being able to connect stories to key business trends will also be key.
Knowledge of HR is preferred but outstanding candidates with no experience reporting in this field are actively encouraged to reply. (None of the current team had any knowledge of HR before joining; and we deliver the best editorial product in our sector).
This is a full-time position, with the ability to work from either our Welwyn Garden City office, once coronavirus restrictions have eased, or at home from anywhere in the UK.
Ideally, though this is by no means compulsory, the Head of Content would like to meet in-person with the team once a month.
- Daily responsibilities for compiling news and features list, news writing and subbing, and curating newsletter(s)
- Managing the HR features calendar for the team
- Using network to secure speakers for regular virtual events
- Hosting webinars, appearing in short informative news videos, and appearing on our podcast series
- Staying ahead of trends in the HR sector and delivering highly readable news stories that speak to them
- Writing for the monthly digital magazine and supplying other features for sister brands when required
Ideally you will have:
- Experience in editing/news curation for B2B, business, or reputable organisation(s)
- Understanding of CMS and importance of SEO
- Familiarity of business news landscape and key trends driving it
- Capable of managing own workload and working to multiple deadlines
- Keen eye for a headline and driven by getting more people to read your work
- Proven ability to get exclusive angles and secure top name interviews